Gov't aid reaches P800-M as PBBM convenes Cabinet for flood measures
Manila, Aug. 19 -- The government has provided nearly PHP800 million in humanitarian assistance to areas hit by successive heavy rains as President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. convened key members of his Cabinet on Wednesday to step up flood response and mitigation measures.
Palace Press Officer Claire Castro said the government continues to implement measures under Marcos' directive to ensure the safety of residents affected by persistent rains in Metro Manila and other parts of the country.
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has so far released nearly PHP800 million in humanitarian assistance, including more than PHP2.3 million in financial aid for affected residents, Castro said.
The government also has PHP832 mill...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.