search ops for 2 missing workers underway at pipalkoti tunnel
Dehradun, Aug. 18 -- The search for the two workers missing after a section of the Vishnugad-Pipalkoti hydropower project tunnel site collapsed and trapped 22 workers on August 13 is still underway, officials said on Monday.
The death toll from the incident currently stands at eight.
Chamoli district magistrate Gaurav Kumar said the inundated portion of the tunnel has been dewatered, but a large quantity of slush was still being cleared using heavy machinery.
"The slush is spread over 800-900 metres, which is taking time to clear. We had earlier expected to clear it by Monday morning, but it may take some more time," he said. "We have removed some machines, including a dozer, that were stuck in the debris, while smaller machines are still being removed. This will allow for a more thorough search," Kumar added. htc...
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.