Raj ready for local body polls: Kharra
India, May 24 -- Responding to the High Court's recent directive regarding the conduct of local body and Panchayati Raj elections in Rajasthan, Urban Development Minister Jhabar Singh Kharra on Saturday said the responsibility of implementing the court's order now rests with the State Election Commission.
Speaking during his visit to Ajmer, Kharra said the state government would extend full cooperation to the Commission in conducting municipal and Panchayati Raj elections.
He said whatever assistance is sought by the Commission would be provided promptly and in accordance with its requirements.
"The High Court has delivered its decision, and now it is the duty of the State Election Commission to obtain a copy of the order, examine its legal and administrative implications, and take an appropriate decision," Kharra said.
He added that the election process falls entirely under the jurisdiction of the Election Commission and that the state government has no role in interfering with its functioning.
The minister further said the Rajasthan government had already completed most of the preparatory work for the elections during 2025 and remained fully prepared for the process.
Addressing the issue of reservation lotteries, Kharra said the draw for OBC reservation had been delayed due to the unavailability of authentic data as mandated under Supreme Court guidelines.
He said the lottery process for OBC women's reservation was also pending for the same reason.
Kharra clarified that reservations for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes are determined strictly according to population proportion, and therefore no lottery system is required for those categories....
इस लेख के रीप्रिंट को खरीदने या इस प्रकाशन का पूरा फ़ीड प्राप्त करने के लिए, कृपया
हमे संपर्क करें.