50+ Detained at Jantar Mantar Over 'Reservation hatao' Protest
New Delhi, Aug. 22 -- Over 50 men protesting without permission at Jantar Mantar under the banner of Reservation Hatao Andolan (RHA) on Friday were detained by the police, following a stand-off with security personnel in the afternoon, officers aware of the matter said.
In the morning, the protesters, hundreds of whom were mobilised by different organisations representing people from general castes to seek reforms in reservations and quotas, arrived at Jantar Mantar despite public statements from the Delhi Police saying that no permission had been granted. By noon, police released another statement saying the protest had been permitted, but at Ramlila Ground.
In a letter, deputy commissioner of police (central) Rohit Rajbir Singh said, "......
इस लेख के रीप्रिंट को खरीदने या इस प्रकाशन का पूरा फ़ीड प्राप्त करने के लिए, कृपया
हमे संपर्क करें.