Tel Aviv, Aug. 22 -- Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz said Israel's military struck Syria's Abu al-Duhur airbase last week based on intelligence indicating that Turkey was planning military activity there that could pose a threat to Israeli security.
Katz said Israel had shared the intelligence with US officials before the August 18 strike, which targeted the airbase in northwestern Syria.
"We passed on intelligence information to the authorised parties in the United States," Katz said in a post on X, while accusing US Ambassador to Turkey and Special Presidential Envoy for Syria and Iraq Tom Barrack of making claims that were "full of inaccuracies".
Katz said Israel had also issued a warning to the Syrian government "at the highest ...