India, Aug. 22 -- The battle between Washington and Tehran is entering another tense phase, but Iran's latest message is not one of retreat. As the Trump administration prepares a tougher economic campaign against Tehran, senior Iranian officials are publicly insisting that US pressure will eventually force Washington to make concessions.

Ebrahim Azizi, chairman of Iran's Parliament National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, said the United States would eventually be forced to lift sanctions, release Iranian resources and leave the region. His comments came as Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi separately rejected Trump's latest economic threats and said previous US pressure campaigns had already failed.

At the same time, Ira...