Trump says he called off renewed attack on Iran at Gulf states' request
Nigeria, May 19 -- The US President, Donald Trump, says he is holding off a military attack on Iran that was planned for Tuesday after appeals by Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
He said the leaders of these Gulf countries asked him to pause the planned attack and allow for "serious negotiation."
Mr Trump, in a post on Truth Social, said he had been informed that a deal that is "very acceptable" to the US would be reached, and that there would be "NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!"
"Based on my respect for the above-mentioned Leaders, I have instructed Secretary of War, Pete Hegseth, The Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Daniel Caine, and The United States Military, that we will NOT be doing the scheduled attack on Iran tomorro...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.