Military refutes claims of unpaid allowances, says troops paid up to date
Nigeria, May 24 -- The Nigerian Army has dismissed what it described as a false and misleading viral video alleging non-payment of allowances to troops and victimisation of a soldier in the North-east theatre.
This was disclosed in a statement by Sani Uba, the spokesperson for Operation Hadin Kai, a joint task force in the North-east.
This newspaper has not seen the video reference in the statement. However, Mr Uba, a lieutenant colonel, said all legitimate allowances due to troops had been fully paid up to May.
These allowances, he said, "the Ration Cash Allowance (RCA), disbursed to units for centralised feeding of troops, Operational Allowance paid directly into individual accounts, and Habit Allowance also paid into individual acco...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.