Ebola: WHO raises concern over response gaps as DRC, Uganda record 528 suspected cases, 132 deaths
Nigeria, May 21 -- The World Health Organisation (WHO) has raised concerns over mounting challenges in containing the Ebola outbreak caused by the Bundibugyo virus in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and Uganda.
In its latest situation report, the global health body said 528 suspected cases and 132 deaths had been reported across both countries as of 18 May.
The agency said insecurity, population movements, and operational constraints were complicating surveillance and contact-tracing efforts, particularly in eastern DRC, where most cases have been reported.
It also noted that the outbreak figures remain fluid as investigations, laboratory testing and active surveillance continue to expand.
"Numbers are rapidly changing as s...
Click here to read full article from source
इस लेख के रीप्रिंट को खरीदने या इस प्रकाशन का पूरा फ़ीड प्राप्त करने के लिए, कृपया
हमे संपर्क करें.