Uttarakhand tunnel accident: Chhattisgarh CM announces Rs 5 lakh compensation for each victim's family
India, Aug. 21 -- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Vishnu Deo Sai has expressed grief over the death of four workers from the state in a tunnel accident in Uttarakhand last week and announced financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh each to their families, officials said on Friday.
Sai has also directed officials to ensure payment of Rs 50,000 each to two workers who were injured in the accident, they said.
On the evening of August 13, water and debris entered an under-construction tunnel at a hydroelectric project site in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand following a landslide, trapping 22 workers inside the three-kilometre tunnel.
The incident occurred at the Tehri Hydro Development Corporation Limited project site in the Pipalkoti area. Eleven wo...
Click here to read full article from source
इस लेख के रीप्रिंट को खरीदने या इस प्रकाशन का पूरा फ़ीड प्राप्त करने के लिए, कृपया
हमे संपर्क करें.