Serious doubts on intent, no discussion with parties: Congress attacks Govt on caste census
India, Aug. 15 -- The Congress on Friday attacked the Government over the caste census issue, saying that not carrying a list of castes with responses recorded as shared by respondents raises "serious doubts on intent" and there had been no discussion with political parties.
Congress general secretary in-charge communications Jairam Ramesh said it had been widely expected that the caste question will be asked with a pre-prepared state-wise list as had been done in the Bihar and Telangana caste surveys with the response being just ticked appropriately.
"This has, unfortunately, not happened, raising serious doubts on intent," Ramesh said on X. Ramesh also shared on X Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge's letter of May 5, 2025 to Prime ...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.