Borders top priority for Govt: Rijiju on claims of Chinese intrusion in Arunachal
India, Aug. 21 -- Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday said border areas had been neglected in the past but were now a "top priority" of the Narendra Modi Government, as he sought to counter claims of fresh Chinese incursions in Arunachal Pradesh. Rijiju also invoked former defence minister AK Antony's 2013 statement in Parliament, saying the Congress leader has then acknowledged India's historical policy of keeping border areas underdeveloped and that allowed China to steal a march over India in building infrastructure and capabilities along the frontier. Antony, however, had also made it clear in the same speech that the policy had been abandoned 20 to 25 years earlier and said successive Indian Governments had ...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.