Meghalaya Deputy CM denies allegations of forced limestone mining project
Guwahati, May 22 -- By NE NOW NEWS
Guwahati: Meghalaya Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong on Thursday denied accusations that the state administration was trying to forcibly advance the proposed Shree Cement limestone mining project at Lum Syrman in East Jaintia Hills district.
Addressing the media, Tynsong said the decision to hold a public hearing on Friday itself showed that the government was following a consultative process rather than acting unilaterally.
He said the hearing had been arranged to provide residents and affected groups an opportunity to share their opinions and concerns regarding the mining proposal.
Objecting to the consultation exercise itself, he added, defeats the purpose of environmental procedures designe...
Click here to read full article from source
इस लेख के रीप्रिंट को खरीदने या इस प्रकाशन का पूरा फ़ीड प्राप्त करने के लिए, कृपया
हमे संपर्क करें.