Israel raises concerns over Gaza roadmap
New Delhi, Aug. 4 -- Israel said on Monday that it had expressed concern to the United States about a plan to end the Gaza war hailed by President Donald Trump, as it kept up strikes on the Palestinian territory.
It marks the latest sign of disconnect between President Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who faces a tough re-election fight in October and has heavily promoted his relationship with the U.S. leader, whom he met again last week.
Netanyahu's office demanded more concrete disarmament by Hamas, which on July 31 announced it would give up weapons under the Trump plan to a nascent Palestinian governing committee.
Prime Minister Netanyahu said that Israeli intelligence had found that Hamas had been rearming and ...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.