Trump's White House ballroom loses $1 billion funding bid as Senate Republicans revolt
New Delhi, May 21 -- US Senate Republicans have removed a contentious $1 billion Secret Service funding provision from an immigration enforcement bill after a parliamentary ruling and mounting internal dissent put the measure in jeopardy, dealing a significant setback to the White House's ambitions for its East Wing renovation project.
Republican senators confirmed Wednesday that the billion-dollar Secret Service allocation, which had been explicitly linked in draft legislation to the so-called East Wing Modernisation Project, would not survive the final cut of the party's filibuster-proof immigration enforcement package.
"We were told that the ballroom money is out," Senator John Kennedy of Louisiana told reporters following a closed-d...
Click here to read full article from source
इस लेख के रीप्रिंट को खरीदने या इस प्रकाशन का पूरा फ़ीड प्राप्त करने के लिए, कृपया
हमे संपर्क करें.