India, Aug. 21 -- The Delhi Police on Thursday said no permission had been granted for a protest on reservation reforms at Jantar Mantar on August 21, calling social media videos about it "false and misleading". The police said prohibitory orders under Section 163 of the BNSS, corresponding to Section 144 of the CrPC, are already in force in New Delhi district. Protests, processions, demonstrations and gatherings of five or more people are prohibited. Police urged people not to share unverified content.
Published by HT Digital Content Services with permission from Millennium Post.