Malaysian caught in Golok lockdown after bomb blasts stranded in Thai town
KOTA BHARU, Aug. 23 -- A Malaysian visitor to Sungai Golok in southern Thailand found himself caught in a night of chaos after a string of bomb blasts sent military and fire trucks onto the streets and triggered roadblocks across the border town.
The visitor, identified only as Main, told The New Straits Times that key roads were closed by security personnel shortly after the explosions began.
The 35-year-old arrived in Golok with a friend yesterday and planned to return to Kelantan before the border checkpoint closed at 10pm.
When explosions rang out at about 9pm, he rushed towards the Golok Immigration, Customs, Quarantine and Security complex, only to be turned back by security officers.
He said strict roadblocks had been set up ac...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.