Afghanistan, Aug. 22 -- U.S. Central Command said American forces have rerouted 68 commercial vessels, disabled three and boarded two others while enforcing a naval blockade against Iran.
CENTCOM said on Saturday that U.S. naval forces were continuing operations to enforce the blockade, with the latest figures showing a further increase in the number of commercial vessels diverted from routes toward Iranian ports.
The command said 68 commercial vessels had been redirected, while three vessels were disabled and two were boarded to verify compliance with the restrictions. CENTCOM has not provided detailed information on the identities of all the vessels involved or the circumstances of each incident.
The latest figures follow a steady incr...