CONGRESS files privilege notice against edu min for 'contempt'
New Delhi, May 19 -- Congress lawmaker Jairam Ramesh on Monday gave a privilege notice against Union education minister Dharmendra Pradhan, accusing him of showing "contempt" for Parliament by publicly dismissing a parliamentary committee's report on the NTA at a press conference last week.
Meanwhile, the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Education, Women, Children, Youth and Sports, led by Congress MP Digvijaya Singh, has decided to review the implementation of reforms in NTA and the NEET-UG 2026 paper leak case and summoned NTA chairperson Pradeep Kumar Joshi and other officials. In his notice to Rajya Sabha Chairman CP Radhakrishnan seeking initiation of privilege proceedings against Pradhan, Ramesh termed the minister's conduct a "grave breach of privilege and contempt of the House."
Pradhan, while responding to a question as to why his ministry had not implemented the recommendations of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Education in its report on NTA, had said on May 15: "...The standing committee has members from the Opposition. They write things in a certain manner, you also know that. Hence, I won't speak on the standing committee."He termed the remarks "outrageous" and in a post on Monday said the minister was "presiding over the rot in the Education Ministry that is destroying the future of lakhs of youth across the country."...
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.