PRAYAGRAJ, May 24 -- The Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad aka UP Board's ambitious plan to introduce vocational education in more than 29,000 affiliated schools from the 2026-27 session has run into delays as the eligibility criteria for appointing instructors are yet to be finalised by the state government.

Officials in the secondary education department said the initiative aimed at promoting skill development, self-reliance and employability among students through industry-oriented education. Director of Secondary Education Mahendra Dev had been actively pushing for compulsory vocational education in schools, they added.

UP Board secretary Bhagwati Singh said the gazette notification regarding amendments in board regulations i...