US to cut down more troops in Germany: Prez
West Palm Beach, May 4 -- Donald Trump said on Saturday that the US will significantly reduce its troop presence in Germany, escalating a dispute with Chancellor Friedrich Merz as he seeks to scale back America's commitment to European security.
The Pentagon on Friday had initially announced it would pull some 5,000 troops out of Germany, but when asked Saturday about the reason for the move, Trump didn't offer an explanation and said an even bigger reduction was coming.
"We're going to cut way down. And we're cutting a lot further than 5,000," Trump told reporters in Florida.Earlier on Saturday, Germany's defence minister appeared to take in stride the news that 5,000 US troops would be leaving his country.
Boris Pistorius said the drawdow...
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.