Saidulajab building collapse: Illegal additions, basement excavation weakened structure, chargesheet says
New Delhi, Aug. 17 -- A nearly 350-page chargesheet filed in a Saket court said that the deadly May 30 Saidulajab collapse was caused by the additional constructions on the four-storey structure and excavation in the basement that weakened the structure, according to officials aware of the matter.
A senior police officer said that the document said that the fifth and sixth floors had been constructed on top of the existing structure that included the ground floor. "The additional weight caused the building to collapse. The new construction was neither approved by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) nor was a fire NOC obtained for safety," a senior police officer said, citing the document.
The property owner had also excavated a bas...
Click here to read full article from source
इस लेख के रीप्रिंट को खरीदने या इस प्रकाशन का पूरा फ़ीड प्राप्त करने के लिए, कृपया
हमे संपर्क करें.