Mangrove park opening delayed once again
India, May 23 -- Two days after Borivali MLA Sanjay Upadhyay announced that the city's first dedicated mangrove park at Gorai would be inaugurated by chief minister Devendra Fadnavis on May 28, the launch was postponed on Friday till further notice, triggering criticism among environmentalists and residents.
Speaking to Hindustan Times, Upadhyay said the launch had been postponed as important foundational and structural work was still pending; the "world-class" park could not be opened in a rush, he said.
But forest officials strongly disputed the claim, saying the project was already complete.
"The delay is due to a change in the dignitaries' plans," a senior forest official said, requesting anonymity.
The Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Va...
Click here to read full article from source
इस लेख के रीप्रिंट को खरीदने या इस प्रकाशन का पूरा फ़ीड प्राप्त करने के लिए, कृपया
हमे संपर्क करें.