'Who had time to pursue justice': Wife of 1996 Lajpat Nagar blast victim says was busy rebuilding life
India, May 21 -- 30pm on May 21, 1996, Pinky Sood was going about her day at home - keeping her 12-year-old daughter and eight-year-old son busy, prepping for dinner-when a phone call from a relative shifted the ground beneath her feet. A blast had rocked Delhi's Lajpat Nagar market, where her husband Rakesh Kumar Sood had a framing shop. "You should check, Pinky," is all the relative said to her. She had been 30-years-old at time.
"I rushed to the market. There was smoke, fire and chaos everywhere. I could see our entire shop was gutted but I had no idea where Sood sahab was," said Pinky, now 60 years old, seated inside her Amar Colony home.
It has been 30 years since the blast, in which 13 people were killed and 39 were injured. Accor...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.