Turkiye's Erdogan eyes expansion of Makkah defence pactPublished on: August 13, 2026 3:23 AM
Pakistan, Aug. 13 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday that he hoped more countries would join a defence agreement signed last week between Turkiye, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, aimed at stabilising a region wracked by conflict.
The Makkah Joint Defence Agreement was signed on Friday as the Middle East grapples with fallout from the US-Iran war, which has dragged in regional players and disrupted shipping through the Strait of Hormuz and the Red Sea.
"Our vision for it is not limited to the three countries," the Turkish leader told the London-based Asharq Al-Awsat daily. "Rather we aspire for it to grow, and perhaps appropriate conditions will emerge one day for all countries of the region to gather under its umbrel...
Click here to read full article from source
इस लेख के रीप्रिंट को खरीदने या इस प्रकाशन का पूरा फ़ीड प्राप्त करने के लिए, कृपया
हमे संपर्क करें.