Health minister says no nationwide Vitamin A campaign was held after early 2025
Dhaka, May 17 -- Health Minister Sardar Md Sakhawat Husain has said Bangladesh not only failed to sustain measles vaccination efforts under the previous administration, but also halted nationwide Vitamin A supplementation campaigns for children.
Speaking at an event organised by the Doctors Association of Bangladesh (DAB) on Sunday, the minister said the country was now facing a severe shortage of Vitamin A capsules, with only a "small quantity" left in stock.
"Vitamin A campaigns are supposed to be held twice every year," he said. "One campaign took place in the first half of last year. After that, no campaign was held, and there is no Vitamin A."
Bangladesh has been battling a measles outbreak since February.
According to the Direct...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.