Bangladesh reports 7 more suspected measles deaths
Bangladesh, Aug. 17 -- Bangladesh has recorded seven more deaths from measles and its symptoms in a 24-hours count, including five in the Dhaka Division, taking the toll since March to 915.
The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) said in its bulletin on Sunday that 50 new confirmed measles cases had been reported over the past 24 hours.
Since Mar 15, a total of 99 people have died from the viral disease, while 816 others have died with symptoms consistent with the disease.
Dhaka Division has borne the heaviest toll, with 360 symptomatic deaths, followed by Sylhet with 133.
Rajshahi Division logged 92, Mymensingh 74, Chattogram 63, Barishal 48, Khulna 32 and Rangpur 14.
The health directorate said 981 people with measles sy...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.