Thiruvananthapuram, Aug. 13 -- Keralam Sports Minister O J Janeesh on Thursday said the state government is examining the circumstances surrounding the proposed last year's visit of football icon Lionel Messi and the Argentina team to the State, stressing that the focus is on alleged procedural lapses and lack of clarity in the government's dealings with a private event management company.

Janeesh said the Sports Department's report on the matter has already been submitted to Chief Minister V D Satheesan, who will take a decision after examining it.

"The Sports Department's report has been submitted to the Chief Minister, who has already made it clear that a decision will be taken after examining it," Janeesh said.

He said the issue go...