Bhubaneswar, May 22 -- The mortal remains of an Odia youth who was killed in a reported drone attack in Russia amid the ongoing Russia-Ukraine conflict were brought back to Odisha on Thursday following coordinated efforts by the Centre and the state government, officials said.
The deceased, A. Ramaya, hailed from Madhabandha village in Ganjam district and had been employed with a company in Moscow, Russia.
Officials said Ramaya reportedly died on May 17 in a drone strike linked to the ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine.
Following the incident, the family members appealed to the authorities for the repatriation of his mortal remains to Odisha.
Responding to the request, the Ministry of External Affairs, the Office of the Principal Re...