Tehran/Washington, April 17 -- Iran's Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi today said that the Islamic Republic has opened passage for all ships to pass safely through the Strait of Hormuz via a coordinated route, until the duration of the recently announced Israel-Lebanon ceasefire.
In line with the ceasefire in Lebanon, the passage for all commercial vessels through Strait of Hormuz is declared completely open for the remaining period of ceasefire, on the coordinated route as already announced by Ports and Maritime Organisation of the Islamic Rep. of Iran," Araghchi said in a post on X.
Iran had previously declared it mandatory that any vessel not related to the US or Israel, which sought passage through the narrow maritime corridor, seek pe...