Kandy, Feb. 19 -- Andrew McDonald has pushed back on suggestions the home summer's Ashes series compromised his side's preparation for the T20 World Cup with Australia to exit the tournament following Friday's final group stage match against Oman.
The Australian head coach said they'd been "fully locked into (the T20 World Cup) for a period of time", with the side playing 16 T20 internationals last year in the five months prior to the Ashes kicking off in late November.
They won 10 of 13 completed matches in 2025 (with three washed out) with predominately the same group that has seen Australia eliminated from the T20 World Cup at the group stage for the first time in almost 17 years.
"This is one of our priorities," McDonald said on the ...