Returning to Rakhine State still unsafe for Rohingyas: HRW
Dhaka, May 19 -- Human Rights Watch (HRW) has said the massacre in Hoyyar Siri underscores that returning to Rakhine State is still unsafe for Rohingyas, even in areas now controlled by the Arakan Army.
Over the past decade, the Myanmar military has committed ethnic cleansing, genocidal acts, and other atrocities in Rakhine State that have forced over a million Rohingya to flee.
Bangladesh is now hosting over 1.3 million Rohingyas in Cox's Bazar and Bhasan Char Island.
"Myanmar's military seemed indifferent to the plight of the Rohingya civilians at Hoyyar Siri in 2024, and since then the junta has done nothing to address their broader human rights concerns," said Meenakshi Ganguly, Deputy Asia Director at Human Rights Watch.
"Concern...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.