Dhaka, Aug. 17 -- Though there had been "no written official instruction as such" from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the removal of President Mohammed Shahabuddin's portrait, Bangladesh Missions abroad are maintaining a "policy of zero" portrait for months, officials said on Sunday.
"I can tell you, as such, there had been no written instructions from the headquarters. But you need to understand the signal," a senior diplomat stationed in a Bangladesh mission abroad told UNB wishing to remain unnamed.
He said there are two aspects, following the changes in August 5, the portrait of former Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina was removed.
JU Anti-Discrimination Students' Movement leaders remove Bangabandhu's portrait from council room
An...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.