NEW DELHI, Aug. 19 -- India on Tuesday reaffirmed its resolve to counter all forms of terrorism, particularly cross-border terrorism, after Pakistan rejected allegations linking it to the alleged ISI-backed Shahzad Bhatti terror network.

External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said India had suffered heavily due to terrorism and would continue taking all necessary measures to defeat the threat.

"India has been hit hard by terrorism," Jaiswal said, adding that the country had worked to strengthen global efforts against terrorism, including cross-border terrorism.

The remarks came after Union Home Minister Amit Shah said more than 200 operatives of the alleged ISI-backed Shahzad Bhatti Network had been arrested in coordinate...