Trump paused Iran strike after Gulf warning over Haj: Report
Hyderabad, May 21 -- US President Donald Trump reportedly delayed a planned military strike on Iran after Gulf allies warned that escalation during the Haj pilgrimage could create instability across the region.
Reports by Middle East Eye (MEE) and CNN said Gulf leaders urged Washington to avoid military action during one of Islam's holiest periods and instead allow diplomatic efforts with Tehran to continue.
This comes after Trump indicated earlier this week that the US had been close to launching fresh military action against Iran.
Speaking on Tuesday, May 19, he said US warships in the region were fully prepared.
In a post on Truth Social, Trump said the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE had asked him to delay military acti...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.