Sokoto Boat Accident: Over 50 bodies recovered, search continues
Nigeria, Aug. 21 -- The death toll from the boat accident in Gorau, Goronyo Local Government Area of Sokoto State, has risen above 50 as emergency officials continue to reconcile conflicting figures on the number of passengers, survivors, and those still missing.
Tukur Abubakar, Head of Operations at the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) office in Sokoto, said at least 52 bodies had been recovered, according to Daily Trust.
Local sources, however, put the number at 53.
Vanguard reported on Friday that 53 bodies had been recovered after additional victims were brought out of the river.
Similarly, a local journalist, Sharhabilu Kiliya, told Leadership that residents had buried 46 victims before seven additional bodies were rec...
Click here to read full article from source
इस लेख के रीप्रिंट को खरीदने या इस प्रकाशन का पूरा फ़ीड प्राप्त करने के लिए, कृपया
हमे संपर्क करें.