Nigeria, US airstrikes against ISWAP continue - Defence Headquarters
Nigeria, May 18 -- Nigeria's Defence Headquarters (DHQ) says it has continued "coordinated" airstrikes in collaboration with United States Africa Command (AFRICOM), targeting Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists in the North-east, after killing a top member of the group last week.
PREMIUM TIMES reported that the joint forces killed Abubakar Mainok, who President Trump described as the second-in-command of the Islamic State globally.
President Tinubu in a statement said that Mr Mainok was killed alongside many terrorists in his compound in Lake Chad. The military further clarified that Mr Mainok, also known as Abu-Bilal al-Minuk, was killed at Metele stronghold in Borno State.
The killing of Mr Mainok generated a widesp...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.