Shanghai attack injures 3, including 2 Japanese; China calls it isolated incident
India, May 21 -- A knife attack at a restaurant in Shanghai injured three people, including two Japanese citizens, the Chinese foreign ministry said on Wednesday, calling it an isolated case.
The ministry spokesperson Guo Jiakun said Chinese authorities were investigating Tuesday's attack and that the suspect, whom he described as a person with a mental disorder, had been detained.
The two Japanese citizens, alongside a Chinese citizen, were sent to the hospital for treatment, he added. "I would also like to stress that the media outlets and individuals should not make groundless speculation or unwarranted associations," Guo told reporters at a news briefing.
The attack occurred amid rising tensions between China and Japan. Ties betwee...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.