Ex-Meta engineer says Instagram used 'don't ask, don't tell' policy on under-13 users
India, Aug. 20 -- A former engineering director at Meta who has previously testified before Congress about child safety on Instagram told jurors on Wednesday, at a landmark trial, that the company took a "don't ask, don't tell" approach to kids under 13 on its platforms.
In his second day of testimony, Arturo Bejar said Meta consistently prioritised profits over safety in designing its products, focusing on how often and how long people used them, even where this harmed their mental wellbeing.
"If you step away from the product, they are not going to make any money," he said.
The trial, which began Tuesday in federal court in Oakland, pits Meta against the states of California, Colorado, Kentucky and New Jersey, and is expected to run ...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.