Manila, Feb. 11 -- The government and other stakeholders have so far provided more than PHP9 million worth of assistance to families affected by Tropical Storm Basyang (international name Penha) and the shearline, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said in its latest update.

Based on a situational report released Wednesday, the disaster relief agency said PHP9.22 million worth of assistance have been provided to 1,197 families in Region 6 (Western Visayas) and Caraga.

The number of deaths remained at 12, with seven confirmed and five still undergoing validation.

Families displaced by the combined effects of "Basyang" and the shearline remained at 182,352 families in seven regions nationwide.

Published...