India, Feb. 7 -- The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has filed a First Information Report (FIR) against three Customs officials previously stationed in Mizoram for allegedly taking bribes amounting to more than Rs. 35 lakh from smugglers, the agency said in a statement.
The accused, including a retired Superintendent and two Inspectors, allegedly released smuggled goods after receiving illegal gratification, it said.
The case, officially registered on February 3, follows a formal complaint from the Additional Commissioner of CGST, Guwahati.
The officials are accused of abusing their positions while serving in the Customs Preventive Force (CPF) in east Mizoram's Champhai town, a critical transit point on the India-Myanmar border, ...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.