New Delhi, July 29 -- Turkey faced a "very risky week" for wildfires, an official said Monday, as blazes across parts of southeast Europe and the Balkans damaged homes and led to a huge firefighting operation that included evacuations. Nearly 100 people face prosecution over the fires in Turkey.
Blazes erupted near Bursa, Turkey's fourth-largest city, over the weekend.
A wildfire to the northeast of Bursa had been largely extinguished, but one to the south of the city continued, although its intensity had been "significantly reduced," Forestry Minister Ibrahim Yumakli told reporters in Ankara.
He also said that a fire that has been burning for six days in Karabuk, in northwest Turkey, had also "been reduced in intensity," and a blaze i...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.