New Delhi, June 7 -- Pakistani authorities reportedly wrote letters to their Indian counterparts several times since April to reconsider the decision to suspend the Indus Waters Treaty, sources said on Friday.

India had announced its decision to suspend the Indus Waters Treaty (IWT) of 1960 with Pakistan on April 23 - a day after at least 26 people were killed in the Pahalgam terror attack.

The Ministry of External Affairs had then said that the Indus Waters Treaty will be held in "abeyance" until Pakistan irreversibly ends its support for cross-border terrorism.

Over a month later, the Hindustan Times reported that Pakistan's water resources secretary Syed Ali Murtaza sent four letters to India's Jal Shakti ministry since then, urging...