India, July 8 -- A 45-year-old man was allegedly stabbed to death while another sustained injuries after a violent clash between two families with a long-standing rivalry in Delhi's Mangolpuri area on Sunday night. Police said they have detained five key suspects, including a juvenile, and launched a search for other accused involved in the incident. A PCR call reporting a murder in Mangolpuri was received at Raj Park police station at around 9.37 pm on July 6. By the time police reached the spot, the victim had already been taken to Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital by his relatives, where doctors declared him brought dead. Also Read - Balcony of luxury society flat collapses in Gurugram; residents demand 'structural audit' The deceased, identified as Mahesh (45), a resident of Mangolpuri, had sustained a stab wound to his back. After legal formalities, the body was sent for post-mortem examination and later handed over to the family for the last rites. Police also found that another man, Mukesh (35), also a resident of Mangolpuri, had been admitted to the same hospital with a stab wound to his left thigh. He remains under treatment. Preliminary investigation revealed that the violence stemmed from an old enmity between two neighbouring families living at Q-9/149 and Q-9/150 in Mangolpuri. Police said the families had been involved in repeated disputes, with four criminal cases - two against each side - registered over the past year over various issues. An FIR has been registered at Raj Park police station under the relevant provisions of law, and investigators are reconstructing the sequence of events leading to the fatal attack. Police have detained five suspects, including a juvenile, and are questioning them. Efforts are underway to trace the remaining accused, officials said.

Published by HT Digital Content Services with permission from Millennium Post.