Afghanistan, May 19 -- World Health Organization warned Tuesday about the rapid spread of Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo, describing the outbreak as "deeply concerning" amid rising deaths and infections.

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the outbreak linked to the Bundibugyo strain of Ebola is expanding quickly and requires urgent international action.

Health officials said at least 103 people have died since last week, increasing fears that local health systems may struggle to contain the outbreak.

The WHO announced plans to establish a special emergency committee to coordinate international response measures and assess the growing health threat.

The Democratic Republic of the Congo has experienced multipl...