India, Feb. 9 -- Farhan Akhtar's Excel Entertainment has reportedly demanded Rs. 40 crore in damages from actor Ranveer Singh following his alleged exit from the much-anticipated film Don 3 in December last year.

According to reports, the production house has cited substantial financial losses resulting from the actor's decision to step away from the project after pre-production had already begun.

Excel Entertainment is said to be seeking compensation for sunk development costs, scheduling disruptions, and delays linked to planning and associated commitments.

Sources told the publication that Ranveer Singh maintains he exited the project because he was dissatisfied with the script.

The actor is said to have repeatedly requested change...