Deadly Ebola outbreak spreads in DRC - over 500 suspected cases, WHO sounds alarm
India, May 20 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) representative in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Dr Anne Ancia, said there are more than 500 suspected Ebola cases, including around 130 suspected deaths, while only 30 cases have been confirmed so far.
Amid a rapidly spreading outbreak, health workers are racing to contain transmission, with the rollout of any potential vaccine still months away, the UN health agency said on Tuesday.
The WHO is working closely with national authorities and is urgently dispatching additional testing kits to eastern DRC to help identify infections linked to the Bundibugyo virus, a strain of Ebola for which no approved vaccines or treatments currently exist.
"We have significant uncertaint...
Click here to read full article from source
इस लेख के रीप्रिंट को खरीदने या इस प्रकाशन का पूरा फ़ीड प्राप्त करने के लिए, कृपया
हमे संपर्क करें.