MUMBAI, May 23 -- Day two the FYJC, or Class 11, admission process was just as harrowing as it was on Thursday, with the government-run portal registering the students' college preferences running even slower on Friday. After the portal crashed due to heavy traffic on Thursday afternoon, government officials said the problem had been resolved but lakhs of students were left stranded on Friday as well. The school education department had earlier extended the deadline for submission of college preferences to Saturday. It has further extended it to May 25. The first merit list is now likely to be announced on May 29. Mahesh Palkar, director of secondary education, refused to comment on when the portal would be fixed, saying only that the deadline had been extended. This constitutes Part 2 of the admission process. Students were allowed to fill Part 1 of the admission form from April 10, even before the SSC results were declared. However, most registrations increased only after the results were announced. Students across the state reported repeated issues with the online portal on Friday. Apart from crashing frequently, it presented login problems, forms were not saved, and there were problems while selecting colleges. Students fear losing admission opportunities due to the delays. The Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) demanded immediate intervention from the state government and has asked the government to provide at least seven days for each admission round. It has also demanded that all deadlines remain suspended until the portal begins to function properly. Nearly 954,000 students had completed Part I of the admission process by May 20, without facing major technical issues. The portal appears to have crashed as soon as a more students started accessing the website. Swapna Shinde, a parent of a Class 10 student from Sion, said she was able to submit her daughter's form after ten attempts. She finally submitted her college options at around 1 am, after trying to work the portal for several hours. According to official data, 954,000 students have registered for admissions across 9,583 junior colleges in Maharashtra. While more than 2.19 million seats are available, only 39,613 admissions have been confirmed so far....