Bastar, May 20 -- Union home minister Amit Shah on Tuesday outlined the Centre's road map for the development of Bastar, eradication of Maoist violence, and empowerment of tribal communities, asserting that the region was undergoing a phase of transformation and would emerge as a model of prosperity and inclusive development in five years. Addressing a press conference during his two-day visit to Bastar, Shah said the Centre has prepared a comprehensive action plan for Bastar and other Maoism-affected areas based on three key pillars - advancing security and development simultaneously, creating scientific programmes for the welfare of youth and women, and preserving tribal culture and traditions. He said the Centre hoped to increase the average income of Bastar residents sixfold over the next five years. Shah said initiatives such as 'Bastar Pandum' (a tribal festival), launched under the inspiration of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, have helped bring national recognition to the region's cultural identity. According to Shah, participation in Bastar Pandum rose from 45,000 participants in its initial edition to 354,000 subsequently. Shah said the 'Bastar Olympics' was organised twice so far, with the latest edition witnessing participation from 394,000 athletes. He said one of the most notable aspects of the event was the participation and performance of rehabilitated Maoist family members and young people from formerly Maoist-affected areas. Shah said the Centre's approach towards Maoist-affected regions follows a clear progression - "from security to trust, from trust to development, from development to prosperity, and from prosperity to saturation." He added that the fight against Maoism would remain incomplete until every resident of Bastar is integrated into the mainstream. Shah said Bastar remained deprived of development for decades because of Maoist violence, alleging that schools, hospitals, and banking infrastructure suffered repeated disruptions....