SC rejects NIA plea to cancel Kabir Talwar bail in 3,000kg Mundra drug haul case
New Delhi, Aug. 20 -- The Supreme Court on Thursday rejected the National Investigation Agency (NIA)'s plea to cancel the bail granted to Delhi-based nightclub owner Harpreet Singh Talwar alias Kabir Talwar, a key accused in the 2021 seizure of nearly 3,000 kg of heroin at Gujarat's Mundra port, but said other accused cannot seek bail solely on the ground of parity.
Disposing of a petition challenging the April 10 order of the Gujarat High Court granting bail to the Delhi-based clubbing tycoon, the court said that the High Court order noted that all sensitive witnesses in relation to the said accused had been examined.
However, it considered the long incarceration since August 2022 and the inordinate delay in the trial to allow the accu...
Click here to read full article from source
इस लेख के रीप्रिंट को खरीदने या इस प्रकाशन का पूरा फ़ीड प्राप्त करने के लिए, कृपया
हमे संपर्क करें.